Special Garbage Pick-up to Assist Residents with Clean-Up
In an effort to assist residents with storm clean-up, residents can place water damaged household items at the curb for disposal on their regular garbage day. PLEASE NOTE: Only flood damaged items will be accepted as part of this special pick-up service.
Water damaged refuse will be collected on residents’ normal garbage day through Friday, August 4, 2017.
To ensure efficient pick-up, the following guidelines must be followed:
- All perishable items must be contained in a refuse cart.
- Waste must be placed at the curb next to your refuse cart.
- Debris, such as drywall, should be in bags or cans and should not exceed 45 lbs.
- Carpet must be rolled and should not exceed 2’ x 3’.
- Bundles, cans, and/or bags cannot exceed 45 lbs.
- Please do not mix fallen tree debris with household garbage. Yard waste should be disposed of via normal yard waste collection services.
- The following items will NOT be accepted: oil, gasoline, chemicals, fuel containers, empty chemical drums, pesticides, asbestos, railroad ties, paint, tires, batteries and large quantities of construction debris.
To view a detailed flyer about refuse guidelines in the City of Des Plaines, visit www.desplaines.org/refuseguidelines.